mitchell meetings mitchell meetings is proud to partner with award-winning PlayWorks Group, an Atlanta-based team-building and participatory learning facilitation firm, to form meetingWorks. meetingWorks is the next phase in meetings management – meeting design. Before you contract with your venue and order the coffee, have you considered the objectives of your meeting or the story that you are going to tell or the behavior change that you want to see? For your meeting to Work, all of the components of your meeting need to be purposeful and specifically designed with your end-goals in mind.
“[mitchell meetings] and [PlayWorks Group] put on a clinic on how to engage participants and keep them engaged.”
--David Basler, Editor in Chief, One+ Magazine, September 2012 issue
What will meetingWorks do for your meeting?
- Shape/Formulate Meeting Objectives – In order to determine if your meeting was successful, it must have measurable, definable, attainable objectives.
- meetingWorks will collaborate with you to design and define these meeting goals. To change participant behavior, you first must decide what you want changed and why.
- Inspired Meeting Design – What story will you tell with your meeting? What message do you need to share before your meeting? What does your meeting look like and why?
- meetingWorks will work with you to determine your meeting’s flow of events and agenda to help best meet your meeting goals.
- meetingWorks will work with you to formulate your pre-meeting messaging to set the right tone, increase registration and begin your meeting story.
- Speaker/Educator Coaching – For your meeting to be effective, your internal and external speakers/educators need to understand the goals of the meeting and how to communicate with your participants.
- meetingWorks will communicate with your educators and speakers prior to the meeting to coach them on how to best communicate with your participants.
- Interactive/Social Learning and Facilitation - Participants these days expect to be a part of the content, a part of the meeting – not an observer.
- meetingWorks will work with you to create and facilitate interactive activities, team-building programs, participatory sessions and more.
- Venue Selection and Logistics with a Purpose –Your meeting space can do much more than simply hold your people. It can help you get closer to your meeting objectives. Your selected meeting meals can do more than get the job done of “we’ve always served a hot meal here.”
- meetingWorks will work with you to determine the best venue for your meeting; asking questions about learning needs, natural light, geography, atmosphere, sustainability along with questions about cost and budget.
- meetingWorks will help you select menu options that provide the right type of fuel for your participants to help them learn, the right type of setting to promote interaction and networking and the right statement about food and beverage trends and how they can relate to your meeting story.
- Technology Consultation – Do you have a technology plan for your meeting? You might not need the latest gadget or tablet to produce a successful meeting, but you do need a plan before implementing (or not implementing) technology into your meeting.
- meetingWorks will consult with you to determine what types of technology makes sense and don’t make sense for your meeting; including hybrid components, tablets, audience response systems, mobile apps and more.
- Designed White Space – Yes, purposeful “down” time deserves its own bullet in the list of services. Research has shown that the bulk of the learning and knowledge-sharing at a meeting takes place in between the sessions and during impromptu hallway conversations.
- meetingWorks will work with you to create an agenda that purposefully allows for these “down” time interactions; designing environments and activities that promote information exchange and networking while outside of the session rooms.
- Room Arrangements – Your learning environments can be designed to encourage interaction and communication.
- meetingWorks will help you to determine how best to arrange your rooms to help meet your meeting goals and keep your participants comfortable while, at the same time, providing new environments. meetingWorks can take you beyond theater and classroom style and into set ups such as starbursts, fish bowl, small U’s, triangles, lounge style and more.
- Evaluations/Return on Investment – Are you learning what you need to learn about your meeting to determine if your objectives were really met and the behavior of your participants is going to change?
- meetingWorks will help you to formulate the right questions to ask your participants pre- and post-meeting to determine your return on time and investment.
- Post-Meeting Strategy – To make your meeting the most effective, the last day of the live meeting shouldn’t be the end of your meeting story – that content can continue to be shared throughout the year.
- meetingWorks will help you create a strategy to continue your message after the meeting ends; including information-sharing, post-event articles, hybrid presentations, social media discussions and more.